Friday, July 25, 2008

'Note'bly Yours,

I like to think of myself as a bit of a gypsy and a bit of a traveling bard at heart. I find traveling and moving from one place to another most exciting. My ideal is a world without borders and boundaries.

My hometown is Bombay (I like to call it that!) and it gives me a nice warm feeling to think of myself as a Bombayite. Especially while walking around Shivaji Park or the Oval Maidan, eating bhel at chowpaty, gazing into the sea at the Gateway of India, driving down Marine Drive or Haaji Ali. The list is endless. And for its people - not into-your-face friendly but accommodating, helpful and cosmopolitan. The people maketh the city, any city. The common man, who is always in a rush, epitomizes the spirit of the city. At peace with his Mumbai, against all odds. Would appreciate his own city getting better - cleaner, safer - without confirming to the politician's dream of making it another Shanghai!

I don’t live by too many rules. But I'm very rigid about one thing i.e. NOT being rigid.

I love animals and I believe that the earth belongs to us all - not just to humans. To put it in one line - we humans are endowed with a superior brain it is our responsibility to protect them and reverse the existing damage done to the environment.



3 comments:

kathavyakti said...

hi
it made very interesting reading.
Especially you feeling when you exited the cave and that thinline...
will look foward to your blog
happy blogging
Ram

Anonymous said...

It could challenge the ideas of the people who visit your blog.

Prasan Shanbhag said...

After reading this blog, I think the wise man's saying that you mentioned on my blog, applies even more to you!!!

Welcome to the N.R.M club :)